I absolutely love this recipe. I was sort of in a furor when I was cooking and trying to get everything ready because my mom + sister + babies were coming over for Sunday brunch, but it turned out really well. Unfortunately I only have a few photos of the dish, but perhaps that's more incentive to make the rich, decadent pasta again? No, the rich, decadent pasta is reason enough on its own.
A recipe this good, of course, isn't mine. I found it online entitled "Orgasmic Mac 'n' Cheese." The only changes I made were
1. pecorino instead of parmigiano reggiano (just because it's what we had)
2. all cremini mushrooms (3 cups) instead of half cremini/half shitake
3. I found whatever day-old bread we had for the crumbs
4. Whatever short pasta was in the pantry
5. I also may have gone a little overboard with the rosemary... it's just too perfect in this dish.
6. Enjoy with family. Especially two adorable little nieces.
Make this. You won't regret it.
P.S. - Today is the last day to enter my "thank you giveaway"!