On Saturday, David and I went to our first polo match ever. Within the first two minutes of the game, a ball whizzed right by our heads. But after that there were no other close calls. Our good friend, Mark, came up with his Cal Poly polo team to play against my school, but I still rooted for Cal Poly.
Interesting things about polo:
1. They call their quarters "chuckers."
2. Each player goes through 4 horses per game (one per chucker).
3. We got really good seats.
4. All of the horses' tails were braided up.
5. I would really like a pair of equestrian boots.
6. The game looks terrifying.
7. Imagine riding a horse with a stampede around you.
8. All while chasing a ball.
9. When I was little I was terrified of horses.
10. Not so much anymore. They're kind of cute.