So many wonderful things happened on Friday that I'm just going to make a list. No, really:
1. My first birthday greeting came from almost seven thousand miles away. It's crazy thinking how big the world is, but that people can love from all over.
2. I woke up to fresh-cut roses from my mom.
3. Crissy made the cutest handmade card and brought the cutest morning surprises.
4. Hugs and hugs galore.
5. Tulips (my favorite) from Jess.
6. Being forced to wear a birthday-pug-shirt (mostly, it was hilarious).
7. A polenta lesson from Conor.
8. Seeing "Celeste's Polenta" at lunch afterward.
9. Getting asked to shoot my first wedding.
10. Rilo Kiley playing in the kitchen.
11. Somehow still getting work done.
12. Surprise cupcakes, brownies, UBE ICE CREAM, and a PARADE of coworkers singing me happy birthday. I don't think I've ever been so overwhelmed with surprise and happiness.
13. More hugs and hugs.
14. Megan's handmade card, thoughtful presents from my team, and the Goliath of all owls.
15. Surprise flowers from Jessi, sent even though she's in Portland.
16. Being outside during golden hour.
17. Happy hour at my favorite bar.
18. With my favorite people.
19. A "Happy Birthday" from the bouncer checking IDs.
20. Weezer playing.
21. Then R. Kelly.
22. Karaoke all night.
23. Ending the night with my favorite person.
24. Everything about this day and this life.
(See 21 and 22 and 23)